Please visit our new micro-site at starspangled200.com/feta for more information on the "From Enemies to Allies" Conference in June!
Call for Papers
From Enemies to Allies: An International Conference on the War of 1812 and its Aftermath
June 12-16, 2013, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
Call for Papers Opens: July 1, 2012
Online Call for Papers Available: July 1, 2012
Final Submission Deadline: February 1, 2013
The Maryland War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission, the United States Naval Academy, and the United States Navy’s Naval History and Heritage Command will co-host a War of 1812 Bicentennial Conference at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, from June 12 to June 16, 2013. The purpose of the conference is to recognize the historic importance of the war to the peoples involved and the changes it wrought in domestic and international affairs. Its title, From Enemies to Allies: An International Conference on the War of 1812 and its Aftermath, shows its implications are both broad and deep.
• Please submit paper electronically as an attachment, double-spaced text, 8 & 1/2" x 11" format.
• Citations should be placed as end-notes, not footnotes.
• Paper should have a coversheet with title/subtitle, name, affiliation, and address of author, including e-mail address.
• For the sake of reviewers and moderators, include a 300-word abstract of the paper's content on a seperate page.
• Stylistic format for citations and bibliography may be guided by University of Chicago Manual of Style or another widely accepted academic style manual.
Proposals may be submitted electronically. Proposals must be submitted in their completed form (that is, with full information concerning all participants and their presentations) by midnight, Eastern Standard Time, on February 1, 2013. Proposals cannot be submitted after the deadline has passed; the system will be closed to submissions and will not accept them. Papers may be of any length and should be prepared for possible publication in a proceedings volume. Selected presenters will be notified at least 90 days in advance of the amount of time allotted for their presentation.
Michael Crawford, US Navy Naval History and Heritage Command
William Dudley, Maryland War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission
Ralph Eshelman, Maryland War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission
Ed Furgol, National Museum of the United States Navy
Scott Harmon, United States Naval Academy Museum
Don Hickey, Wayne State College
Thomas Carney, University of Baltimore